yesterday I was in a bit of a funk. thankfully, I am usually a happy person (at times just downright annoyingly perky). but there are those days where you just feel low for no good reason. I am blessed to have friends and family that give me a hug, have a kind word or simply say (to quote Mary Engelbreit) 'snap out of it'.
but if all else fails, I turn to music. I love the big band sounds. orchestra's swinging. crooners cooing. and one of my favorite groups is Pink Martini. an eclectic mix of jazz, soul, swing and salsa. what a kick.
I recently shared the lyrics of one of their songs (hang on little tomato) with a friend. it always perks me up. this is how it goes ...
'the sun has left and forgotten me. it's dark, I cannot see.
why does this rain pour down. I'm gonna drown in a sea of deep confusion.
somebody told me, I don't know who, whenever you are sad and blue and your feelin' all alone and left behind just take a look inside and you will find you gotta hold on.
hold on through the night.
hang on, things will be all right.
even when it's dark and not a bit of sparkling sing-song sunshine from above is spreading rays of sunny love.
just hang on. hang onto the vine. stay on. soon you'll be divine. if you start to cry, look up to the sky. something's coming up ahead to turn your tears to dew instead.
and so I hold onto his advice. when change is hard and not so nice, you listen to your heart the whole night through and your sunny someday will come one day soon to you.'
let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your posts always cheer me up. Go put on your flip flops, turn on the music and read a good book in the sunshine for Spring Break!
Post a Comment