Friday, April 2, 2010

dance fever

tonight the hubs and I begin round two of dance lessons at our local rec center. our spry and aging instructor does her very best to teach us to gaze into each other's eyes and not watch our feet and count out loud. and after 4 lessons we have learned some basics. but the best part is being together.

I've always wanted to learn to dance. unfortunately our generation defined dancing as a combination of jumping and swaying. no formal training. no lessons in junior high. just 'feel' the music and move sporadically. well let me tell you the delight in moving together. being lead. pushed and pulled gently across the floor to the rhythm of the music. blissful. romantic.

and what fun we have. we laugh out loud. engulfed in the music. delighted in the challenge. happy to just be together. it's like the Beatles song goes ... 'I'm so happy when you dance with me.'

and to make the activity even nicer, we take lessons with another couple. we are equally challenged on the dance floor. our lack of ability fuels our friendship. and we top off the evening with a late dinner and lively conversation.

so here's to a summer full of Friday nights. sorry if I step on your toes.

1 comment:

k and c's mom said...

HOW FUN!!! Good for you both. I had a friend who used to say, "When was the last time you did something for the first time?" Sounds like you both enjoy trying "firsts". Happy Easter.