Sunday, August 14, 2011

'the time has come,' the Walrus said

I talk of many things. random thoughts. obscure notions. there is much that inspires me. nourishes me. refreshes me. I pray. often. from a simple thank you. to in depth conversations on a variety of subjects. hopes. dreams. worries. gratitude. I am very thankful. blessed. fortunate. loved.

I know God isn't on any social network. but some days in His infinite wisdom and caring I know He talks with me. He speaks to me. and does want me to know. like this morning on my daily message from a Facebook site with the same name ...
On this day of your life, Susan, we believe God wants you to know ... that when events happen which seem catastrophic, it is not only possible, but very important for you to allow yourself to come to a place of calmness. Panicking serves no one - not yourself, not the people who are suffering, and not the planet. Allow yourself to trust that there is a larger purpose and that it may not be necessary for you to know that purpose at this time. Allow yourself to have faith that ultimately, all will be well. (from God wants you to know)
I have been struggling a bit with some recent developments in my life. not catastrophic by any means. not really setbacks. but changes that have left me a bit low (yet some so high - like becoming a grandmother - that my feet don't touch the ground) and I have felt the need to step back. away from it all to reconsider. so when a message comes along that seems pointed in my direction. I take notice. I learn. I suppose it is like a horoscope. you take the meaning personally. I cherish each and every of the many things where I have found reassurance. they continue to give me wings (it is up to me to flutter or fly). kind words. expressions of possibility. hope. all serve me well. remind me to choose love. not fear baby. thank you One and all.

'be still. and know that I am.'