over the weekend the hubs and I did a little home improvement. been on the list for awhile. the arrival of a new sofa pushed us over the procrastination edge into doing.
we stripped the wallpaper in the den. and the 'it won't take long' project was a full two days. but now the dark stringcloth walls are a plain canvas. and the room is wonderfully bright.
I hadn't thought of it before but said hubs, 'now you have your Paris apartment.' and he was right. the white walls shown with that shabby plaster appeal. and with those wise words (he always knows the right thing to say) my decorating scheme for the room changed.
I had a clear definition of what the room would be. a picture in my head of exactly what I wanted. a bit mid-century modern combined with classic. but his comment and the discover of a chesterfield sofa on clearance have reduced that mental image to a memory.
seeing the room evolve is a journey. a rummage. a grand adventure.
'not all who wander are lost.'
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment