Saturday, June 21, 2014

today's subject

discovering a treasure on Craigslist. a glorious thing. figuring out what to do with it is a completely different matter.

I like to scroll through CL just to see what is out there. most times I find nothing. but sometimes. just sometimes. I come across an item that just haunts me. that nagging voice in my head that whispers 'buy me'.

I continue to work on my den. and while my house is not mcm. I seem to have this obsession to accent said room with the period. it all centers around a vase that was my mom's. that I love. and I am determined to use it.

we've found the perfect sofa. a bought-on-a-whim lampshade has found a perfect home. and this CL piece is such a perfect compliment to the room I can hardly stand it.

so what's the problem? the perfect compliment are two hanging fixtures.

today as I sit in the room. or pass by and glance in. I will struggle with this ever-so-important dilemma. this must-have issue. me oh my. a happy predicament.

'decorating golden rule: live with what you love.'

No comments: