to put it mildly it has been an odd past 12 hours.
my day started out quite sunny. and took a downward turn. a foreboding email was received. unimaginable and tragic news was shared. some 'old business' reared it's ugly head. frank conversations were had. unhappy decisions must be made.
today my creed to 'choose' has been put to the test. challenged. threatened. intimidated. belittled. befuddled. bewildered.
I was on my way into a funk. major. severe. deep. desperate. spiraling downward.
and then I came home. sweet home. where I was greeted with a empathetic ear. a sympathetic smile. a warm hug. a gentle kiss. patience. kindness. compassion. love. and, not to be ignored, big brown eyes and an enthusiastic wag.
I am still teetering on the verge of fear. I am struggling to keep my balance. not to fall. but I am surrounded by love. and that pulls me back from the dark side. that love reminds me. encourages me. supports me. upholds me. love that is strong. shared. love and faith hold me together.
my path is adorned with strength. courage. conviction. but it is a rocky road. I know I will trip and fall. be bruised and battered. but not broken.
as I think back through the events of the day I realize (and count and then lose count of) the blessings in my life. and am ever so grateful. thankful. honored. by their presence. my thoughts and prayers are offered for comfort. relief. healing. compassion. forgiveness. hope.
'be still and know that I am.'
Monday, January 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment