Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I know that I know but it's nice to be reminded

I often talk about this blogging world and how it impacts and inspires me. a new blog I read has the tag line 'savor & serve the world' (what's not to like in that?). today this particular blogging friend talked about a retreat she attended and how it made her realize that you have life-changing experiences. often.
'I walked a labyrinth several times during my retreat, the ancient shape spilling so many ideas at me I had to stop every few feet to jot them down, rich clear insights into very old ways of being that snag and scar me. right before I reached the center, I asked, 'how will this time be any different? I know all this but how will I live it?' the first thing I saw when I walked into the center of the spiral? a rock tattooed with the words: begin again.
in this full busy hectic blessed life we lead there are decisions we make on a daily basis. corners turned. direction given. successes made. struggles endured. opportunity. possibility. how wonderful to realize. understand. appreciate. that it is never too late to reevaluate. reconsider. regroup. allow. empower. let in. release. the beauty. the value. the joy of it all is that we learn. we grow. if we open our eyes and our hearts to the lesson.

choose. it's either fear or love baby. I choose love.

No comments: