Sunday, May 8, 2011

joy in the journey

long time. no blog. I have a million excuses. and if you know me, one was certainly not because I have nothing to say. but so very much to say that I hardly know where to begin.

been working on the remodel project at our house. soon to start. will I ever say 'started'? decisions to make. obstacles to overcome. budgets to digest. but all in all moving ahead. excitement. anxiety. fervor.

been to Boston. our niece got married last weekend. and the joyous occasion made even more so with the guest list. darling daughter and handsome son, along with the hubs side of the family were all in attendance. we laughed. we talked. we ate (and ate. and ate.) we celebrated being together. love. joy. bliss.

been back to reality. back at work. back to everyday adventures and challenges. back home to an empty house. as good as it was to come home - I had quite a readjustment period. a bit of the euphoric to get out of my system. a lot of missing my children (and seeing the growing baby bump). now vowing to keep promises made to see each other not just at every wedding. but make for more happy occasions for no reason at all. expectant. hopeful. content.

'happiness is excitement that has found a settling down place. but there is always a little corner that keeps flapping around.'

No comments: