Friday, October 1, 2010

five senses friday ... episode two

as I spent the first part of this week with the girls, I will allow my euphoria to spill into my friday blog. so here are five senses from my adventure.

taste ... fried food. I am not a huge fried food fan. but I did have some tasty bits at the Fair. and the Texas State Fair boasts being the capital of fried food (what a claim to fame). fried guacamole. fried cookie dough (see picture ... can you taste the gooey goodness?). fried frito pie. fried alligator. fried beer (ack!). I will spend the rest of the year unclogging my arteries.
hear ... silence. standing in the butterfly house was remarkable. the quiet was deafening. with the exception of the occasional squeal of joy from a child. if you listened closely you could hear the sound of a flutter. or was that my heart beating with delight.
feel ... peace. wandering through the Arboretum was calming. serene. pastoral. soothing. restful. tranquil.
see ... the vivid color of fall. orange. yellow. chartreuse. maroon. purple. rust. brown. copper. gray green. they should make a new rainbow for this season. with a pot of pumpkins at the end.
smell ... carmel corn. at the end of our journey one of the girls bought some carmel corn drizzled with chocolate. need I say more?

'true friendship is never serene.'

No comments: