wanted to update you on the big birthday dinner because I know you were worried. well, maybe not. but I am so please with the results that I must announce that the surprise party went off without a hitch. plates were all but licked clean. rousing verses of happy birthday were sung. heartfelt toasts were made and even a tear or two shed. it was a glorious evening.
from the moment the front door opened and the first guest arrived. no even before that. from the moment the hubs walked in the door and saw the dining table set for 9 the smiles began. and the hugs. and a few minutes later when company came in laughter echoed throughout the house. stories were told. pantomimes ruled and hands gestured enthusiastically. there was clapping. and cheering. it was a jolly evening.
I had asked folks to bring a toast for the birthday boy. and in between dinner and a carrot cake dessert we went around the table. toasts to friendship. aging gracefully. youth. happiness. neighbors. there was a declaration of love. a few verses of 'las maƱanitas'. and two limericks. it was a magical evening.
'happiness held is the seed; happiness shared is the flower.'
Friday, October 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You've inspired me to try to start having people over again. I think it is time...Glad all went so well!
Post a Comment