Sunday, December 12, 2010

sharing my Sunday afternoon

I am sitting at the computer in my back room. my little corner (at least til I get my 'me' room up - running a bit behind) of the world is bathed, on this chilly December day, in sunshine. I have interrupted my dog's nap by eating lunch. and now he is keeping a keen eye on my dwindling pbj sandwich waiting for the last bite. once he in rewarded for his patience he will return to his spot in the sunbeam. the whirl of laundry is heard in the background. and I have been browsing and loading a few new apps for my iPad and reading favorite blogs. oh happy day.

as I read through some inspiring words from Kelly Rae Roberts, she references another woman I follow, Brene Brown. it is amazing to me and more than a bit heartwarming that women talk so openly and honestly through their blogs. talking, most-likely, to thousands of women that can relate and learn and grow and gain from the simplist revelations. so as I have been given this gift of enlightenment, I wanted to share.
'i'm reminded of something my friend brene talks about in one of her dvds. she talks about how we can't just pick and choose what emotions we get to experience and how when we try and block certain emotions through self defeating actions (like addiction or closing our hearts), then we also block the potential of fully feeling love and joy. we don't get to pick and choose. that's what i'm learning right now. by choosing to keep my heart open, it's all rushing in. the love is big, the fears are intense. but i can tell, yes i can, that love is winning. because, you know, love always wins.

(and i can hardly believe all that was waiting when i finally opened my heart.)' oh happy thought.

and to add to my holiday spirit a friend unexpectedly and quite sweetly dropped off this amazing poinsettia yesterday. so beautiful. makes me smile each and every time I walk by. oh happy me.

'whoever is happy will make others happy, too.'

No comments: