Friday, February 26, 2010

favorites

before we leave the snowy memories of the week behind, just wanted to share some of my favorite images.

my garden is a work in progress. and admittedly looking a little shabby (after, I'm happy to report, a spectacular 2009 season). that blanket of white gave new perspective to the bits and pieces, odds and ends, that grace my little landscape.

in a few weeks it will be time to play in the dirt again. spend countless hours (and dollars) at the garden center. end the day with sore muscles, the start of a tan and an amazing feeling of accomplishment and peace.

I've already started my shopping list. new garden gloves (which I try to use, but always revert to just digging with my bare hands, saying good bye to any hope of a manicure). fresh herbs. shade-loving flowering annuals. and lots of garden art - I happen to have an addiction to ornamental concrete (I'll tell you that story someday). simple pleasures. abundant joy.

'who plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see believes in God.'



No comments: