Monday, February 1, 2010

smile smile smile

in my last post I mentioned that one of those bubbles in my head was to be more positive. positivity breeds success. tonight I came home from a meeting where not everyone held to my optimistic views. I'm feeling the need to vent so please allow me a few minutes on blogging soapbox.

hello people. want to be happier? try these simple steps.

1. accept reality. things will not always go your way.
2. take responsibility. others are not always to blame for your situation.
3. be polite. you will get no where by insulting others.
4. be considerate. it is never just 'all about you'.
5. be tactful. choose your words wisely.
6. share. there is no 'I' in teamwork.
7. respect others. you will earn respect in return.
8. encourage cooperation. compromise always beats stubbornness.
9. keep a good attitude. don't let negativity get to you.
10. be thankful. hope springs eternal.

while I left the meeting shaking with frustration. I left the meeting with positive thoughts about my behavior. I stayed focused. I offered solutions.

on the downside, I used the word 'poop-head' to describe a certain attendee and fantasized several times about reaching across the table to give him a good slap upside the head!

baby steps.

No comments: