yesterday we were greeted with the loveliest of snowfalls. huge delicate flakes floating from above. it was truly a winter wonderland. we were all giddy with excitement - reminded of winters up north and returned to childhood memories of building snowmen and endless hours of unabashed fun. we were overwhelmed by nature's beauty. the quince is blooming in our garden and the vivid pink flowers held their own to the weight of the snow and literally glowed against the bright white. but as quickly as it came, it went. only the most steadfast of snowmen remain standing. the daffodils can happily stand up straight again.and following the glory of yesterday came today, when a friend and I went on a little road trip. the sky was crisp and clear. the wind was brisk and clean. we stopped for coffee along the way and couldn't resist sharing a slice of the lemon meringue pie (okay ... so it was only 10 am, but we deserved a treat for surviving the blizzard of '010). no reason. no purpose. just happy to be out-and-about. enjoying the day together.
such is the beauty of friendship. we never run out of things to talk about. we share the same opinions and ideals. we see splendor in the world. we complain (note to self: concentrate on being more positive). we agree to disagree. we laugh. we learn. we comfort. we support. we reflect on the past. we savor the present. we contemplate the future. life can be complicated, friendship is simple. forgiving. fresh. pure.
somewhere I read that friendship is a cornerstone of true and simple joy. I am blessed to lead a loving and happy life. my friends complete me.
'oh, what a perfect day. I'm glad I spent it with you.'
1 comment:
I think that lemon meringue pie is just the perfect addition to a perfect day. Wish I knew where you found it!
Post a Comment